Southbank Centre is positioned in the heart of London’s thriving South Bank and welcomes visitors 364 days a year. Relax with a glass of wine on Festival Terrace, wander through the Royal Festival Hall foyers, take part in one of hundreds of free events, enjoy a meal from an array of cafes and restaurants, browse the shops and markets or visit one of Southbank Centre’s iconic venues – Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall, the Purcell Room, the Hayward Gallery and the Saison Poetry Library.
London SE1 8XX
Travel & access
- Location: Southbank Centre is a short walk away from Covent Garden and Westminster and minutes from the Waterloo, Charing Cross and Embankment London Underground and British Rail stations.
- Access: For information on step-free access to Southbank Centre, see our Photo Access Maps in our Access Information pages.
- By underground: Waterloo (Bakerloo, Northern, Jubilee and Waterloo and City lines) Embankment (Circle and District lines).
- By rail: Waterloo, Waterloo East, Charing Cross
- By bus: Buses stop on Waterloo Bridge, in York Road, in Belvedere Road and in Stamford Street.
- By river: Boats stop at Festival Pier.
- By bike: Bike stands are located in Southbank Centre Square.