A purpose-built dance venue in South-East London, a 300-seat theatre, housed within the award winning Laban building and part of Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
Laban Theatre programme presents and commissions a rich and diverse mix of dance, music and physical theatre performances by professional companies, students and community groups.
The theatre plays an important role in the development of dance as an art form, particularly supporting work by new and emerging dance artists.
Travel & access
- Directions: We have cycle racks at the rear of the building and also a number of disabled parking spaces to the front of the building. Docklands Light Railway (recommended route) a frequent service to Cutty Sark station which is a few minutes walk from Laban. The DLR joins to the London Underground at Monument / Bank (Central, Circle and District Lines), Shadwell (East London Line), Canary Wharf (Jubilee Line) and Stratford (Central Line). At Cutty Sark turn right out of the station and right again on to Creek Road. Take the second left after the bridge, Creekside and Laban is a on your left. (10 min walk)
- By train: Travel from Charing Cross, Waterloo East or London Bridge Stations to either Deptford or Greenwich. There are frequent trains and the journey time is approximately 15 minutes. (Please note if travelling from Charing Cross or Waterloo East, you may need to change trains at London Bridge.) Laban is approximately a 10 minute walk from either station.
- By bus: 47, 53, 89, 177, 188, 225 and 453 stop near Laban.
- By road: From Central London: Take the Old Kent Road to its end in New Cross then follow the A2 until you reach the junction for Deptford Church Street. Turn left and continue to the mini roundabout, then turn right into Creekside.
- From M2/M25: Follow the A2 until you reach the turning for the junction for Deptford Church Street. Turn right and continue to the mini roundabout, then turn right into Creekside. There is limited parking at Laban but there is also on-street parking.